Canadian Environment Week!
Can you believe it has already been a whole year!?!
I'll be honest with you, this is the first time I have ever heard of Canadian Environment Week and it's celebrating its 40th anniversary this year.
Since we moved to the Kootenays and this project started to become a reality, we have worked hard to keep the environment top of mind. We haven't graduated to the levels of lying down in front of skidders and logging trucks, but we have become cognisant of the effect we have on our surroundings. As a timber frame manufacturer and builder, Hamill Creek is a strong advocate of sustainable forestry. Tree planting has a lot to do with keeping our forests populated and healthy. Canada has one of the world's most comprehensive replanting program.
At Wing Creek we took pride in developing a plan that made us one of the lowest density community real estate developments in Canada. 33 total dwellings on 20 acres! In addition, the LEED Certification program has given us a quantifiable set of guidelines to ensure we minimize the impact on the environment.
It doesn't take much, if we all try then it will make a world of difference. This week is a good week to try.
Follow us on Facebook
Recent blog posts
- Now Accepting Vacation Reservations For Our 2015 Season
- Kootenay Lake Early Fall Specials
- Plan Your September Getaway Today!
- NEW! July Specials at Wing Creek Resort on Kootenay Lake
- Wing Creek Resort Welcomes the 2014 BC Rural Summit to Kaslo
- Wing Creek Resort Named In Trip Advisor Top 25 Small Hotels In Canada
- Wing Creek Resort Named in Top 10 Resort Inns in the World!
- The Perfect Christmas Gift
- Wing Creek at Kris Kringle Craft Fair in Nanaimo
- Busy Thanksgiving Weekend Ahead