Culinary Creations at Wing Creek Resort
It's no secret at Wing Creek that we are food and wine snobs ...ahem...connoisseurs. Our plans to add an outdoor kitchen and several rows of wine grapes is utterly self-serving. With that said I thought it was high time that I started sharing some of my knowledge and, more importantly, that of some of my friends' from the culinary world. Throughout my years in University, I worked in the restaurant industry and gained special appreciation for quality meals and exceptional wine. Here is a recipe and corresponding wine pairing that will send you straight to heaven:
Beef Tenderloin in a Chimichurri Sauce
Marinade Beef Tenderloin for 2-4 hours:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup minced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Approx. 1-1/2lbs. beef tenderloin
Best to BBQ on medium-high heat until desired doneness
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely diced shallot
- 1/4 cup minced elephant garlic (don't worry it's not as strong as it looks)
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
1 bay leaf
Add indredients and reduce for approximately 15-20 minutes on low heat
Most people will tell you that you can't pair white wine with red meat, but I know many wine drinkers who simply do not enjoy red wine.
So with this meal I would suggest:
Red: Portfolio - Laughing Stock Winery
White: Muscat Ottonel - Hillside Estates
Best enjoyed with a stunning view of Kootenay Lake -- bon appetit!
Recent blog posts
- Romantic Cottages Still Available For August and September -- Booking Up Fast!
- Now Accepting Vacation Reservations For Our 2015 Season
- Kootenay Lake Early Fall Specials
- Plan Your September Getaway Today!
- NEW! July Specials at Wing Creek Resort on Kootenay Lake
- Wing Creek Resort Welcomes the 2014 BC Rural Summit to Kaslo
- Wing Creek Resort Named In Trip Advisor Top 25 Small Hotels In Canada
- Wing Creek Resort Named in Top 10 Resort Inns in the World!
- The Perfect Christmas Gift
- Wing Creek at Kris Kringle Craft Fair in Nanaimo