Did You Know? BC has a Program for HST New Home Rebates!!!
Enhanced BC HST New Housing Rebate
Last update: September 17, 2012
On February 17, 2012, BC Minister of Finance Kevin Falcon announced the provincial government’s intention to enhance the existing BC Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) New Housing Rebate by increasing the threshold to $850,000 from $525,000. The higher threshold means a higher maximum rebate of $42,500, up from $26,250.
These changes are effective from April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013.
The province is expected to return to a Provincial Sales Tax/Goods and Services Tax system on April 1, 2013. The BC HST new housing rebate program will end on April 1, 2013, as the HST will no longer be in effect on and after that date.
The following questions and answers are intended to provide clarity at a high level. For advice about specific transactions and situations, BCREA suggests individuals seek legal and/or accounting advice, as appropriate.
For more information, see:
Recent blog posts
- Wing Creek Resort Named in Top 10 Resort Inns in the World!
- The Perfect Christmas Gift
- Wing Creek at Kris Kringle Craft Fair in Nanaimo
- Busy Thanksgiving Weekend Ahead
- Fall Brings So Much To Do!
- October Spa Getaway to Paradise
- Artist in Residence August 26th
- Kaslo Named in Top 10 Places in the WORLD to Enjoy Summer Music
- Canada Day Spa Getaway
- Art Walk at Wing Creek