Did You Know? BC has a Program for HST New Home Rebates!!!
Enhanced BC HST New Housing Rebate
Last update: September 17, 2012
On February 17, 2012, BC Minister of Finance Kevin Falcon announced the provincial government’s intention to enhance the existing BC Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) New Housing Rebate by increasing the threshold to $850,000 from $525,000. The higher threshold means a higher maximum rebate of $42,500, up from $26,250.
These changes are effective from April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013.
The province is expected to return to a Provincial Sales Tax/Goods and Services Tax system on April 1, 2013. The BC HST new housing rebate program will end on April 1, 2013, as the HST will no longer be in effect on and after that date.
The following questions and answers are intended to provide clarity at a high level. For advice about specific transactions and situations, BCREA suggests individuals seek legal and/or accounting advice, as appropriate.
For more information, see:
Recent blog posts
- New Website Coming Soon!
- November Vacation Deals at Wing Creek Resort
- October Vacation Specials at Wing Creek Resort
- Romantic Cottages Still Available For August and September -- Booking Up Fast!
- Now Accepting Vacation Reservations For Our 2015 Season
- Kootenay Lake Early Fall Specials
- Plan Your September Getaway Today!
- NEW! July Specials at Wing Creek Resort on Kootenay Lake
- Wing Creek Resort Welcomes the 2014 BC Rural Summit to Kaslo
- Wing Creek Resort Named In Trip Advisor Top 25 Small Hotels In Canada