Living in a Strata
Understanding the dynamics of a Strata community can be difficult if you have never lived in one. Consider a condominium Strata where owners pay monthly and in return the building is maintained for them. In addition, the residents are only responsible for the interior of their apartment. The Strata ensures that garbage is removed, snow is ploughed, the yard is maintained, common areas are cleaned, and sometimes even more. Sound good? Lots of people are feeling the same way, in fact reports indicate that retirees are leaning towards Strata living, even though they would like their own yard and free standing home, because they like maintenance-free living.
At Wing Creek Resort the Strata acts exactly as it would in a condominium. Instead of hallways you have 20 acres of waterfront property, instead of an apartment you have a luxury timber frame home. The snow is still ploughed and the garbage is still picked up, only here you have an orchard with over 100 fruit trees, a beautiful walking path to 500ft of beachfront, and many more features not possible in a condominium.
How Does Ownership Work?
As an owner at Wing Creek you will receive clear title to your home and the footprint it is on, in addition you will receive a 1/33 share of the entire 20 acre property. 1/33 is a result of the maximum number of dwellings at Wing Creek being 33. You will have peace of mind in knowing that the community will monitor and maintain the exterior of your home and the surrounding area. This offers a perfect solution to those planning to spend the winter months down south and those looking to enjoy their time at Wing Creek without having to worry about the maintenance of 20 acres.
Call or email anytime!
Recent blog posts
- November Vacation Deals at Wing Creek Resort
- October Vacation Specials at Wing Creek Resort
- Romantic Cottages Still Available For August and September -- Booking Up Fast!
- Now Accepting Vacation Reservations For Our 2015 Season
- Kootenay Lake Early Fall Specials
- Plan Your September Getaway Today!
- NEW! July Specials at Wing Creek Resort on Kootenay Lake
- Wing Creek Resort Welcomes the 2014 BC Rural Summit to Kaslo
- Wing Creek Resort Named In Trip Advisor Top 25 Small Hotels In Canada
- Wing Creek Resort Named in Top 10 Resort Inns in the World!