Winter in Kaslo
Cold doesn't scare you, right?
Canadian winters are supposed to be scary aren't they? Well maybe they are to people who haven't experienced them. It's true that the winter months bring snow shovelling, less than ideal road conditions, and sub-zero temperatures, but that's just the bad stuff. Truth is that the winter season brings so much more pleasure than it does suffering. The beach is replaced by the fireplace, the ball field replaced by the hockey rink, hiking replaced by cross-country skiing, water skiing by alpine skiing, off-roading by snowmobiling, and fishing by... well we still fish.
Truth is that the little extra work pays off with warm fire lit living rooms, hot chocolate, and of course the holiday season. Not to mention that the Kootenays probably boast the most truly Canadian winter experience. All the best parts and none of the scary parts. It's true that we get snow and lots of it, but the majority of it is fresh powder sitting atop the Purcell and Selkirk mountain ranges. Making for some of the best powder skiing on the planet.
Kaslo loves winter, it seems that another event is bringing locals and visitors together each week. The Winter in the Forest festival, Winter Solstice celebration, Polar Bear Dip (a little off the deep end ) to name a few. The big one this year is the 25th anniversary of Kaslo's Annual Light-Up Celebration. The Front Street businesses, local volunteers, and sponsors band together to create a winter wonderland on the main street. Businesses share hot chocolate, holiday deserts, and compete for the best decorated business in Kaslo.
In short, experiencing winter in Kaslo is a one of a kind experience. Plus, I know a great place with cozy warm cottages, wood burning fireplaces, and stunning views open all year round.
Come visit Kaslo in Winter by clicking this link to book: Book Here
Recent blog posts
- New Website Coming Soon!
- November Vacation Deals at Wing Creek Resort
- October Vacation Specials at Wing Creek Resort
- Romantic Cottages Still Available For August and September -- Booking Up Fast!
- Now Accepting Vacation Reservations For Our 2015 Season
- Kootenay Lake Early Fall Specials
- Plan Your September Getaway Today!
- NEW! July Specials at Wing Creek Resort on Kootenay Lake
- Wing Creek Resort Welcomes the 2014 BC Rural Summit to Kaslo
- Wing Creek Resort Named In Trip Advisor Top 25 Small Hotels In Canada