Working on Something Special
What sets Wing Creek Resort apart from any other waterfront community development? It was suggested by a couple of visitors that Wing Creek was special because we were doing it wrong! I should explain, community developments tend to have the same feel and structure. A community designed to look and feel appealing, but also maximize units and ensure the highest net return. This is often why it's difficult to tell one apart from another. Most of us have great views on stunning pieces of property, especially in the Kootenays with its stunning natural beauty.
The difference at Wing Creek Resort is that our team of developers want to actually live in the development. As a result, Wing Creek offers a variety of features not normally seen in traditional developments. For starters, Wing Creek is one of the lowest density community developments in Canada. With only 33 units on 20 acres the plan was not to maximize profit centres, but to create a unique and private setting for each resident. Secondly, our partnership with Hamill Creek Timber Homes. Many developments employ traditional stick frame construction because it is economical and offers an opportunity to increase margins. Timber frame homes are built by skilled crafstman and offer a level of luxury and efficiency not attainable in standard stick frame. Our goal is to develop a beautiful community that suits the surrounding environment. What better fit than homes made from the environment that surrounds us. Third, special touches that will be featured throughout the Resort, such as a vineyard to compliment the orchard, outdoor kitchen facility for local and guest chefs to showcase their talents, individual sites for residents to enjoy fires at the beach as a group or in private.
We believe that Wing Creek will epitomize community and offer residents a unique opportunity to experience absolute peace and also the social benefits of being in a environment with like-minded people who desire and cherish the same lifestyle. When we say welcome home, it is our home as well.
See you out here,
Recent blog posts
- Romantic Cottages Still Available For August and September -- Booking Up Fast!
- Now Accepting Vacation Reservations For Our 2015 Season
- Kootenay Lake Early Fall Specials
- Plan Your September Getaway Today!
- NEW! July Specials at Wing Creek Resort on Kootenay Lake
- Wing Creek Resort Welcomes the 2014 BC Rural Summit to Kaslo
- Wing Creek Resort Named In Trip Advisor Top 25 Small Hotels In Canada
- Wing Creek Resort Named in Top 10 Resort Inns in the World!
- The Perfect Christmas Gift
- Wing Creek at Kris Kringle Craft Fair in Nanaimo